At Sunrise Dental of Federal Way, we use dental bridges to replace missing teeth and restore the smile's function and appearance after tooth loss. Bridges help fill the gap left by missing teeth, preventing the remaining teeth from shifting out of position and improving your ability to chew, speak, and smile.
A dental bridge is a dental prosthetic device used to replace one or more missing teeth by bridging the gap created by the missing teeth. It consists of one or more artificial teeth, known as pontics, and is supported by the adjacent natural teeth or dental implants.
Dental bridges are designed to look and function like natural teeth, restoring the smile’s appearance and functionality. The artificial teeth are custom-made to match your natural teeth in terms of color, shape, and size, creating a seamless and natural-looking smile.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
If the adjacent teeth are healthy and suitable for dental crowns, they will be prepared to accommodate the dental bridge. This involves removing a small portion of the enamel from the abutment teeth to create space for the crowns supporting the bridge. Once the abutment teeth are prepared, dental impressions or digital scans of your teeth and gums will be taken. These impressions provide a detailed mold of your mouth, which will be sent to a dental laboratory to fabricate the bridge.
While your permanent bridge is being made, our dentist in Federal Way, WA may place a temporary bridge to protect the exposed teeth and gums. Once your permanent bridge is ready, our dentist will remove the temporary bridge and place the permanent bridge in your mouth. They will ensure that the bridge fits properly and make any necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Dental bridges allow you to chew, bite, and speak properly, improving your ability to eat a wide range of foods and communicate effectively.
- Bridges fill in the gaps left by missing teeth, enhancing your smile and facial appearance.
- By filling the gap with artificial teeth, dental bridges help prevent the remaining teeth from shifting out of position, maintaining proper alignment and bite.
- Dental bridges restore your ability to smile and speak confidently, improving your self-esteem and overall quality of life.
- With proper care and regular dental check-ups, dental bridges can last many years, providing a durable and reliable tooth replacement option.
Dental bridges are ideal for patients with one or more missing teeth and healthy adjacent teeth. If you have missing teeth and are considering dental bridges, visit Sunrise Dental of Federal Way at 33600 6th Ave S #102, Federal Way, WA 98003, or call (253) 838-3232.